Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

CONDEMNING THE SINNER

"But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, 'He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.'"
-John 8:7


Here's what's sending the showbiz world into a big media frenzy: An issue involving a hunky doctor turned actor, a sexy reality TV star and a racy video. Now let me ask you, how does something like this surprise anyone? ParisHilton shocked the whole world when videos of her giving someone "the head" leaked in the internet and wala... A new star is born... And that was years ago. Her friend Kim decided to follow suit and well... what do you know? another celebutante is born....

So what exactly has turned this issue involving a racy video into one big media circus?

Here's what made such a ruckus on this issue. An actor turned politician decided it would be a good idea to join the ride, well, with the elections fast approaching and all. and here's what he has to say about Hayden Kho (apart from calling him a "pervert of the highest kind"):

""Ang isang doctor ay kailangang maging kagalang-galang sa kanyang pagkilos. Kailangang respetuhin niya ang dangal ng lahat, at tratuhin nang may respeto ang bawat tao."

Senator Bong Revilla has gone as far as pushing for the revocation of Dr. Kho's license, citing Section 24 of the Republic Act No. 2382 or the Medical Act of 1959 whereby immoral or dishonorable conduct are among the grounds for reprimand, suspension or revocation of a doctor’s certificate of registration. Not that I mind at all. Besides, I do think being an actor and a doctor is like mixing polka dots and pinstripes... They really don't match.

He added, “Hindi siya marunong gumalang sa kababaihan. Para bang wala siyang nanay o mga kapatid na babae. If you ask me, wala itong tao na ito sa tamang pag-iisip, and according to the Medical Act, this doctor can also be punished for insanity. Buwang itong doktor na ito...” Nice speech, coming from someone who's been involved with one too many women.

If that was not enough, GABRIELA decided to hop in the bandwagon. Look, don't get me wrong. I have nothing but praises for GABRIELA for championing women's rights and all but getting all showbiz-y with all these? I would have expected something better from GABRIELA.

And it just keeps getting better and better. Lolit Solis decided it would be fun to drag Rufa Mae Quinto into all these, alleging that Dr. Kho admitted to having a short lived affair with the latter after Katrina Halili. And the plot thickens....


Look, I'm not taking sides here and I'm certainly not a big fan of this celebrity (ex) doctor (Nor was I ever a fan of Dr. Vicki Bello and Katrina Halili...). All I'm saying is that this brouhaha about the Hayden Kho videos is blown way out of proportion. Come on! Don't these people have bigger issues to deal with like poverty and making this country a crime free and child friendly place to live? And Lolit Solis is still as obnoxious as ever. What with her consistently switching sides... Are you with Dr. Kho or against him? Make up your mind por favor.

But don't get me wrong... I am in no way condoning such intolerable acts committed against woman. I still am, after all, a self respecting woman. So before you jump the gun and accuse me of chauvinism, I hope you understand what I'm driving at here.

4 comments:

callcenterguy said...

I agree 100%! Walang pupuntahan tong scandal na to. Ina few moths wala, kakalimutan na to. They just gave the Dr. Koh something to put in his memoirs. As for Sen. Revilla kailangan na nyang mag pa "pogi". Malapit na eleksyun e.

Urban Princess said...

i know... ginawa nilang circus ang senate hearing... just watched the news a few minutes ago.... sinabuyan ng tubig si Hayden Kho ng isang nanonood ng sa hearing.... I mean, this is worse than the Impeachment trial some 8 or 9 years ago....

Jon Kokko said...

I've been following this saga in the Philippine news and I just don't get all of the hooplah - especially from the political side of things. Personally, I couldn't care less who my doctor sleeps with, his personal life should be personal.

Urban Princess said...

exactly my point... i'm just waiting for this issue to die on its own accord... like the rest of these so called "irritainment" will end up eventually....

google search

Custom Search