Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

nose bleed

NOSE BLEED

I have no qualms about talking in English, only if the occasion calls for it. But speaking in English anywhere else outside the classroom? You have got to be kidding me. Let alone mixing it with a little tagalog (More commonly reffered to as Taglish or Englog).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, TAGLISH IS DEFINITELY DAFT AND STUPID. Just last night I was in the Courtyard café when a couple of "rich" kids from God knows where came in and filled the room with the annoying sound of tagalog and English meshed together. It was hell having to sit there but since the wi-fi is off in our dormitory, I guess I had to endure 3 fucking hours having to sit there and inadvertently listen to their idiotic conyotic conversation about school, partying, gadgets and how many shoes they brought to their own dormitories. Like hell I care about their freaking Havies, Ipanemas, Jimmy Choos and what not.

I was close to throwing up my dinner, my mango and lime green tea and cheesy fries and having to eat them up again. Ang mahal din ng iced tea noh tapos isusuka ko lang. Anak ng tinapa.

Rich kids. Bah!

Again, I’m no anti-elitist. I have rich friends back in Davao City and for the life of me, I’ve never heard them brag about their charmed lives, let alone speak about it in such atrocious manner.

The horror.

First of. We are in the Philippines. They’re Filipinos and they’re just talking to their friends who happen to be.. DING DING DING. Filipinos! Why on earth do they have to risk getting tongue tied having to speak English with a fellow Filipino when they can just talk in Tagalog or some other dialect? Geebez. Hay nako.

If we happen to hear someone talk like that back home, well God forbid, they’d suffer a fate worse than death: Ostracization.

Good luck kids

No comments:

google search

Custom Search