Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

My own VH1 playlist

Warning: These videos reek of highschool nostalgia



Those were the days when our idea of "hot" and "cute" usually involved pretty boys in groups who sing sappy pop songs about love complete with synchronized dance steps.

When Taylor Hanson's androgynous beauty used to haunt my dreams and rock my world.

When pre-Gavin Rossdale Gwen Stefani used to rock with No Doubt.

When "manufactured pop" made real talents run for their money.

When former New Kids on the Block members made a come back to add to the toll of bubble gum pop fever.

When Danish, Irish, Scottish or other European singing groups dominated the music scene...

When Victoria Beckham and the rest of the Spice Girls made the hideous platform shoes a hit...

When trance and progressive house music filled the discotheques gleaming with glow sticks and mobile phones in constant swishes and swirls.... "I'm horny... I'm horny horny horny... So horny I'm horny horny horny...."

When mobile phones with transparent casing and flashy colored backlights were the bomb....

Bubble gum pop was the shit...

The pre-millennium music scene...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he he....jusko..i misses those moffatss years....damn...im too old..

-maldito

Urban Princess said...

bwahahahaha!!! nakikinig ka rin pala ng moffats... don't tell me nagpa dye ka rin ng bangs date... hehehe

Daniel said...

yeah free, if you want I will add you in my blogroll ok?

Urban Princess said...

ayty.... i'll add 2. :)

the sysop said...

du... du hast....

i have to say i'm way more down with this song /video than the candy pop thing, a pleasant surprise to hear the video and to meet you electronically. have a nice one!

Urban Princess said...

i love rammstein... :) my mom freaked when I played that song again and again back then... fancy meeting you too... :)

chroneicon said...

britneeeyy!!!

sometimes i run, sometime i hide...

Urban Princess said...

haahahahahaha!!! :) virgin na virgin pa nun si britney... ;)

google search

Custom Search