Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

happy halloweenie!!!

Yep... it's the season again... It's the time of the year when my overactive imagination runs amok and leaves me sleepless until the holiday cheers has cast them away (which, by the way, starts at November 4). It's a great time to scare your friends silly with ghost stories you have been saving in your treasure box of memories. Got one? Well I do. Alot of them... And sadly, if I wasn't the oblivious one, I'm usually their target. Talk about unfortunate...

But before that, allow me to give you a halloween treat... (Warning: Not for the pansie ass, sissies and the scaredy cats with weak hearts. Oh, you're not? Very well then. Don't say I didn't warn you...)




Moving forward...


This happened a couple of years ago... Back in college. You know what a Doppelganger is right? I thought things like that were too absurd to be real until it happened to me. I wasn't home until about 12:45 am that night since I had cheer leading practice. My cousins were watching TV by the living room when they, apparently, saw me walking out of my room, looking all ashen, somber, spaced out and my head bowed down. One of them called out on me but I didn't answer back. They watched me walk into the computer room which was adjacent to the living room. I think curiosity got the best of them so they followed me into the computer room, only to find me there with the lights off, facing the big book shelf and doing nothing. How weird is that? They started calling out on me again, asking me why I was home early when they're not expecting me until past 12? Spaced out little me decided to play deaf on them until they gave up and went back to watching TV. They thought I probably wanted to be left alone... "Must had a fight with her boyfriend." They all concluded. Imagine their surprise when they found me ringing the doorbell 2 and a half hours after that incident. They checked the computer room again to find it empty like I evaporated and reappeared outside the gate. There was absolutely no way I Harry Houdinied myself outside the gate from the computer room.

I was a bit perplexed at first when they said I thought I was home already since they saw me come out of my room when in fact, I JUST ARRIVED. They told me all about it several days after the incident.


It wasn't exactly the only brush my cousin had with a Doppelganger. Another cousin of mine decided to crash in our house for a while after running away from home. When my dad heard about her staying in our house, he told us not to let her get out so he could talk to her when he comes home.

I wasn't home yet when the incident took place. Again, they were watching TV at around 6 pm in the afternoon when a cousin of mine saw her (The stow away) walking toward the other gate. Assuming that she is, again, attempting to escape, My cousin ran outside towards the gate just to find it locked and undisturbed. But my stow away cousin was nowhere to be found. Could she have climbed over the concrete fence? Deeming it a possibility, she decided to go out and search the length of the entire street, hoping she hasn't gone too far... Shouting her name. Seeing no hope in finding her, she decided to go home. To her surprise, she finds my stow away cousin in the living room, apparently looking like she just woke up.

"Asa ka gikan?" (Where have you been?) She asked in a rather irked tone.
"Naunsa ka? bag-ong mata ra ko... natulog ko sa inyong kwarto." (What? I just woke up. I was dozing off in your room." She answered, half yawning.
"Atik? Nakit-an taka nigawas og gate ganiha..." (Really? I saw you going out of the gate awhile ago.) Said my rather perplexed cousin.

Unable to explain the phenomenon, my stow away cousin just shrugged her shoulder and watched the TV.

Weird huh?

Here's another thing.... This is quite a classic urban legend. Some of you have heard it all before.

Nope, that hasn't happened to me... (THANK GOD!)

It was about a couple who were on their way home from somewhere and their engine sort of blew off in the middle of the trip. It was already almost midnight and it was really dark, save for the moon. The guy (pa-hero effect as always) decides to search for the nearest gas station for a phone call, some gas and probably a little help from the guys there. He brings with him a flashlight. Before he closes the door, he warns his girlfriend to keep the doors locked and never open it unless it's him.

An hour has passed and still there was no sign of the boyfriend anywhere. The girl was already anxious and prayed for his safe return. There was a knock on the window and the girl turns around to see a ghastly old lunatic smiling mockingly at her, dancing like crazy. She screams, scrambling towards the driver seat and fumbling for the keys when she remembered, the keys were with her boyfriend. The mad man tried opening the doors to no avail. If there was one smart thing the girl did, it was to lock all of the doors. The guy dances around the car, constantly banging on the windows and laughing menacingly and started jumping on the hood. The girl calms herself down and closed her eyes, wishing it was all just a dream. She opens her eyes minutes later and finds no sign of the lunatic. She flicks the headlights on, only to find the same lunatic in front of the car, carrying the severed head of her boyfriend and the car keys...

2 comments:

chroneicon said...

scary... urban legends say that if the person is good, then the doppelganger will be evil and vice versa...

Urban Princess said...

My doppelganger must be an angel in that case... :)

but thanks for the info...

Another info...

According to german superstitions, seeing your own doppelganger foretells your own demise where as seeing your friend or relative's doppelganger portends illness or badluck...

On the other hand, seeing your friend double during a drinking spree means you've had enough alcohol... lay off the booze...

happy Oktoberfest... :)

google search

Custom Search