Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Why say it?

Just a year ago, I posted a video of my 4 month old niece gurgling and imitating my brother's version of chewbaka's signature growl (for the lack of words). Being new to the whole youtube experience, I didn't exactly know how to set that video in private. I never bothered anyway. Just recently when I checked the video again, i can't help but cry and laugh at the same time for the nice people who left these comments on the video:

"Dude! that's like the UGLIEST BABY I'VE EVER SEEN!"

"Harsh much? The only ugly thing here is YOUR FACE!"

Sounds pretty American don't you think? You be the judge.

For most people, freedom of speech is about having the right to say what you want to say. But must this freedom entail total disregard of other people's feelings? So you got so much hate in the world but why share it?

Besides, calling someone ugly doesn't make you pretty. Calling someone dumb doesn't make you smart either. And calling someone a slut doesn't make you a saint (Yeah, STICK THAT UP YOUR ASSES YOU FREAKIN HYPOCRITES!). You get the point.

So if you got nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. That, and LOVE, is all the world needs.

*For the record, I've already deleted these comments. Iba na kasi kung pamilya ko na ang tinira..

No comments:

google search

Custom Search