Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sex and The City: The ultimate BFF flick

FILM SYNOPSIS (Taken from tribute.ca):

"Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), successful author and everyone's favorite fashion icon-next-door, is back, her famously sardonic wit intact and sharper than ever, as she continues to narrate her own story about sex, love and the fashion-obsessed single woman in New York City.

Sex and the City finds Carrie, Samantha (Kim Cattrall), Charlotte (Kristin Davis) and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) four years after the hit HBO series ended, as our favorite femmes fashionables continue to juggle jobs, friendships and relationships while they start to navigate motherhood, marriage and Manhattan real estate... some of them may even -- brace yourself -- brave other boroughs outside Manhattan."



My BFF's and I have waited more than a year for this movie. I wasn't expecting much from the movie though but at the end of the film, I practically wanted to stay the entire night in the theater to watch it over and over again. This is soooooo our movie... HECK! It's every girlfriends' movie!!!


Surprisingly, it has maintained sharp witticism and generous amounts of quirky quotes to live by all throughout the film. All in all, I think it's light, funny and yet, wickedly insightful... It's more than just some chic flick following the lives of 4 40 sumthings openly discussing men and sex at brunch time.

The movie in its entireity is a celebration of being a woman; whether being a single 40 or 50 something or married, facing various crises from cheating husbands to unwaxed pubes. But most importantly, it's a movie about friendship... Of being there for a friend in times of crisis, and of sticking up to each other for whatever.

So enjoy it with your closest gal pals, with or without your Chanels and Manolos...




A little note to my Best best friends in the whole world if you're reading this...:


Best movie date in 10 years. Couldn't think of any other movie that best fits us. Fuck it... I even really thought this movie was about us... With better jobs and freakin Chanels and Manolos... and me having a lustworthy actor boyfriend.... But in reality, he's not an actor... But he's certainly lustworthy atleast to me...

But with or without them Chanels and Manolos, you girls still remain my girls... My sisters from another mother.... through thick or thin, boyfriend or no boyfriend... unwanted pregnancies (God forbid) and tiny weeners or gargantuan German Franks... wavering careers and maybe probably having grandchildren of our own....

I'd like to think we're Sex and the City in economy... Thanks for more than 10 years of friendship girls... I love you always... (tissue please... I'm having a nose bleed with all these mush...)




Me and the girls... (from left to right) naidz, me, ceejay, jam... Actually, there were 6 of us But 1 left for Down Under after highschool Graduation and the other left for Canada last 2006. Ej, Athea, miss you both... HEAPS!!


And since I brought this all up, why not take this quiz?

WHO'S YOUR SEX AND THE CITY MATCH?




Funny, I've always thought I'd be more of Samantha... But heck, Carrie it is... :)

No comments:

google search

Custom Search