Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Samantha-isms..




I've always loved Samantha since the very first season of Sex and the City. Surprisingly, I was more of a Carrie than a Samantha when I took the quiz, but i think i kinda understood a bit... well, maybe i have a little of both in me... I'm not exactly uninhibited but I'm open minded to alot of things... But heck with it... I love this "50 and fabulous" girl... :)


About Samantha (taken from hbo.com):

Scintillating Samantha is a successful PR exec who knows what she wants - and most of the time, she gets it.(that's sooo me...) She radiates confidence in everything she does, whether it's landing a star client, getting a table at the trendiest restaurant or bedding the hottest guy in a room.(me...) Samantha embraces her uninhibited sexuality with a diverse (and large) group of lovers, from wrestling coaches to power bachelors to a studly farmer (uh... well... a little maybe...). Forget wedding dreams; Samantha takes lust over love any night, and she's proud of it(not really me...). Once, she even experimented with lesbian love, but when her "girlfriend" demanded more intimacy, Samantha knew it wasn't going to work out (no plans of trying either...).

Her next conquest, the unabashedly confident ladies' man and hotel magnate Richard Wright, seemed Samantha's perfect match. But as the sexual affair progressed, Samantha found herself feeling much more than lust, and she eventually declared her love to Richard. Somewhat resistant, Richard offered to try monogamy. When Samantha caught him cheating on her, she was thrust into uncharted territory : the land of the broken-hearted.

Samantha gave Richard one more chance, but the trust had been broken, and around every corner she imagined he was cheating. She chose to walk away from him, scarred but with her dignity.

When Samantha met the sexy Smith Jerrod, the last thing on her mind was a long-term monogamous relationship(that happened now with my current beau... but he's not a model actor... hehehe...). However, the "Absolut Hunk" got under her skin like no one had ever been able to do. Despite her constant denials (both to the girls and to herself), she found herself completely falling for Smith. Has Ms. Jones finally found herself the one man that can keep her satisfied in every way? Only time will tell.

Samanthaisms: quotes taken from the movie and series

Samantha: There's no such thing as bad publicity.
Carrie: Of course you'd say that, you're a publicist.
----------

Samantha: One time I fucked a guy because he had a swimming pool. I came over and he used to bring me Kool-Aid.
Carrie: Kool-Aid?
Samantha: Yeah, I was thirteen! And honey, you should have seen my tan!
------------

Samantha: You dated Mr. Big. I'm dating Mr. Too Big.

-------------
Samantha: ... I love you but I love me more... (my favorite line so far in the entire SATC series...)

--------------
Samantha: [to her male intern] The bad news is you're fired. The good news is now I can fuck you.

---------------

Samantha:
You have a lot of nerve telling me to get a wax. If you were in Aruba the natives could bead your back. And it's not just there: every time I blow you I feel like I'm flossing.

----------------
Miranda: "How often do you "Color"?

Carrie:" I won't tell you how often, but when Big colors he rarely stays in the lines."


Samantha: "Color? Well I can't color enough. I would color all day...everyday if I had my way I'd use every crayon in the box."

-----------------

Samantha on being Carrie's Maid of Honor
:"I feel the same way as you feel about Botox. Painful and unnecessary."

------------------

Other quotes in the movie

I soooooo love the movie as well... (warning: SPOILERS)

Big to Carrie: "Ever thine. Ever mine. Ever ours."

---------------

Carrie: So, why did you move to New York City?
Louise: To fall inlove...

---------------
Samantha on Miranda's unwaxed pubes:

"Wax much?"

"Charlotte's married but she's not growing a forest down there."

"Honey even if I were in jail, I wouldn't have that....situation"

--------------

Carrie: "Charlotte did a Poughkeepsie in her pants!"

--------------

Charlotte to Big: "I curse the day you were born"

----------------

Carrie to Charlotte: "Honey.. You already shit your pants... What's the worse that could happen?"


----------------

Miranda to Steve during sex: "Let's get it over and done with"

----------------

No comments:

google search

Custom Search