Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

To the younger generation: Lessons in life from 10 years ago...

Even if it meant selling my soul to the devil, I'd do anything to turn back the hands of time...
These are just but a few of life's lessons I have acquired in my teens, which I will be imparting to my younger friends out there... so read on and read well....
1.don't be in a hurry to grow up... You'll get there eventually... :) --you have every right to enjoy being a kid... trust me, I was still playing patintero in the corridors with my highschool friends when i was 13, skirts and all... nevermind if my crush would see me running around like crazy... childhood only comes once in a lifetime... enjoy it while it's there...
2.Study... Learn more... -- girls, (and boys as well)... It pays to have something smart to say, come recitation time. Seriously people... it doesn't make you a geek if you happen to know alot of things, well, taken that moderation is still the key (don't go overboard... too much studying will lead to burnout...) Read... :) Trust me... Queen Cleopatra captivated some of the most influential men of her time not by beauty but by sheer intellect... A pretty face is nothing without a brain to back it up... :) heck, even beauty pageant titlists have to have an exceptional educational background lest they want to put their homeland to shame... :)
3. Highschool politics isn't everything... --Nevermind if you weren't the most popular kid in school... or you weren't voted prom king or queen. None of that stuff really matters come college anyway.
4. Don't fret if you weren't exactly one of the most beautiful people in highschool. Remember how Fah Wulong told Mulan how the late blooming cherry blossoms are far more beautiful than the rest... or so it goes... I can firmly attest to that... I was a late bloomer... :) no one could, as a matter of fact, tell i was the chubby, dorky girl with thick glasses retrogressing 9 years ago. Don't believe me? ask some people from batch 2000 in ateneo de davao university highschool. :)
5.be active!-- join clubs... I suggest you join Red Cross Youth, your school's publication, co-curricular clubs and the varsity teams. It will come in handy later on.
6. Have as many friends as you can. They can help you later on... But always keep a circle of your closest friends... those who are guaranteed to stick with you for the longest of times... Or even just a handful of whom you really trust.
7. Be nice to the geeks in your class... They might become your future bosses.
8. Be friends with your exes... You'll see...
9. find ways to challenge yourself everyday...
10. Lastly, not everything you have to know about life are written in the textbooks-- Life's important lessons are not limited to sines and cosines you learn in your trigonometry... Half of what you have to learn about real life is through living it...
so, have fun and goodluck!!

No comments:

google search

Custom Search